In 1995 Fronius made first PV inverter and set foot in the field of renewable energy. They aim at creating a sustainable future through innovation, quality and a first rate service. At present they have subsidiaries in 28 countries on 4 continents. Their main focus is to have reliable and comprehensive supply of energy 24hrs a day. They are committed to an environment policy that is based on sustainability.
- Fronius products last for long as the components are highly robust and their manufacturing quality is high.
- Customer satisfaction is their first priority. Their service partners undergo rigorous training by the manufacturers and they always have the correct replacement parts handy.
- Clients can select an attractive warranty model for free based on their individual needs and location.
- Fronius Solar. Web is a comprehensive and clear online portal that allows operators to easily monitor, analyse and compare their PV systems.
History of this company goes way back to 1945 when Gunter Fronius repaired electrical appliances and built his first charger using 50Hz technology. By 1950 Fronius expanded his product portfolio to include welding transformers. The company grew in a few decades and was handed over to his children. In 1992decision was taken to focus on solar energy and the company split into 3 divisions – perfect welding, solar energy, perfect charging. Fronius developed and implemented innovative methods to monitor and control energy for welding technology, photovoltaic and battery charging. In 1995 they made the first PV inverter and set foot in the field of renewable energy.
Fronius aims at creating a sustainable future through innovation, quality and a first rate service. At present they have subsidiaries in 28 countries on 4 continents. They have sales partners and representatives in over 60 countries.
Sites in Europe are Austria, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Poland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain, Okraine, Denmark, Hungary, Greece. In Middle East, Asia and Pacific they have sites in Australia, China, India, Turkey, Japan, Hongkong. In North and Latin America they have sites in Brazil, Canada, Mexico and USA. Their global presence helps them provide their customers around the world with best levels of support and service.
Their main focus is to have reliable and comprehensive supply of energy 24hrs a day. They are committed to an environment policy that is based on sustainability through a highly sustainable and eco-friendly technology. All their products strictly adhere to this. Energy efficient machines are used to ensure sustainability.
During development process, their products undergo extensive quality testing that goes way beyond the level prescribed in the standards. Fronius inverters are exhaustively tested with latest technology even in the most challenging environmental conditions including water spray, dust, salt or extreme temperature. Since the components are highly robust and manufacturing quality is high their products last for long. Products are subjected to a 100% final inspection before shipment to ensure product quality. It improves the service life of products. Even if there is any repair, individual components can be easily replaced.
Fronius aims at achieving 24 hours of Sun. To achieve this they look forward for a future where 100% of world’s energy needs are covered by renewable sources. Storing energy is one of the keys to success. Energy has to be stored more efficiently and it has to be distributed and consumed intelligently and cost effectively.
With more than 70 years of experience in battery charging technology Fronius has the expertise to develop innovative solutions for photovoltaic systems. Fronius Energy Package allows any unused solar energy to be temporarily stored in a battery. This can be used at times when system’s generating conditions is poor or non-existent. The Fronius Symo Hybrid Inverter enables DC or AC coupling of battery storage. Users can charge the storage module with energy from their PV system, from the grid or from other sources. This ensures maximum flexibility and future proofing. Multi flow technology of this inverter makes it possible to manage several energy flows parallely.
Customer satisfaction is their first priority. Fronius service partners undergo rigorous training by the manufacturers and they always have the correct replacement parts handy. With their unique PC board replacement process and intelligent mounting system of snap inverters, they can replace faulty parts of entire device in no time. This is a huge advantage over other companies who have a long waiting period for required spare parts or correct replacement device. Quick service by Fronius helps in reducing the downtime of PV system to a minimum; thus increasing the yield.
With Fronius solar online support Tool (SOS), service partners have key diagnostic information at their fingertips. Customers just have to enter the serial number of their inverter. Trouble shooting support is just a few clicks away; thus avoiding hotline queues and telephone costs. Fronius Solar.Web is a comprehensive and clear online portal that allows operators to easily monitor, analyse and compare their PV systems. They detect and rectify potential issues and take preventive actions before they manifest as malfunctions. All the important data such as output yield and consumption, energy balance or state of charge of storage units are clearly displayed. This keeps us updated about all aspects of PV system thus enabling considerable savings. We can do it at home from our PC or on the move using a smartphone or tablet.
Owners of Fronius products can select an attractive warranty model based on their individual needs and location. Fronius string inverters and storage units come with a two year warranty. Buyers can register their Fronius products within 30 days of dispatch and extend either Fronius warranty or Fronius Warranty Plus for free.
Fronius warrantyextends the standard 2 year warranty by another 5 years. For the first 2 years all the material costs and servicing and transport charges are covered. In addition there is another 5 years of warranty cover for the cost of materials, amounting to a total of 7 years. Fronius Warranty Plus extends standard 2 year warranty by an additional 3 years. This model covers the material costs and servicing and transporting charges over the entire 5 year warranty period. Compared to other competitors Fronius offer services for long time; even after its standard warranty period.
Many in Australia have used Fronius inverters and acknowledged their gratitude for the savings they made with it .Few of them are:
- Oliver’s Real Food is an Australian based certified fast food chain. With their commitment to sustainability they installed their first PV system in Gundagai, NSW. They installed a Fronius Eco and a Fronius Smart Meter along with 88×Tingly 260W of panels. It gave them an annual yield of approximately 34MWh and saved 3.27 tonnes per year of carbon emissions.
- A 150 kW PV installation is done in Western Australia to power the city of kalgoorlie- Boulders waste water treatment plant. It led to an annual savings of over $60000.The Fronius Agilo Outdoor is the robust inverter that best suits Australia’s harsh climatic conditions and thus contributed to their savings.
- Latrobe Valley Village of Australia provided accomodation to old members of the community. To cut short the electricity bill of $25000 per quarter they installed a 100 kW system, which has 5 Fronius Symo 20s and 380 REC 260W polycrystalline panels. It has a payback forecast of 4 – 4.5 years. Managing Director acknowledged that Fronius Symo is the key to success for this install.
- To reduce its carbon footprint Australia’s Self Storage Company Fort Knox installed a 60kWp PV system. A 3× Felonious Symo 20s.0- 3 has been used for the system. It gives an annual yield of approximately 74000kWh and saved Carbondioxide approximately up to 82000kg.
- Cub Campers head office in NSW, Australia installed a 58.5 KW PV system to offset its energy consumption. They used Upsolar 250W smart modules and 1 Fronius C 260.0 inverter. It gives an annual yield of approximately 103000kw and saved carbon dioxide approximately up to 109 tonnes per year.
- 6.6kW panels are installed for a residential system across 2 orientations. Homeowner says the decisive factor was to use a Fronius inverter which have an annual yield of approximately 7.5 MWh and saved approximately .95kg/kWh of carbon dioxide.
- Wine making Tasmania, Australia requires much energy for bottling, labelling, storing and cooking facilities. They developed and installed a 100 KW PV system with a 5×Felonious Symo 20.0-3. It yielded an annual savings of $42000 and an annual yield of 135000 KWh.
Fronius is looking forward for a future where 100% of world’s energy needs are covered by renewable sources. Advancement in technology and quality of innovative products from Fronius have led to a sense of enthusiasm, confidence, trust and satisfaction among its customers.
They give utmost importance in satisfying the requirements of environment protection legislation and standards. This has enabled them the following certifications:
- ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
- ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
- OHSAS 18001 CERTIFICATION
- WEEE Directive
Pioneering role of Fronius in the development of solar energy has earned it many awards and recognition. Few are:
- Fronius Galvo Inverter was named the Best Product of the year 2013.
- It has won 4 plus X Awards for its Fronius Galvo and Fronius Still Inverters.
- Fronius Ohmpilot has received the MTP Gold Medal award at the Polish Green Power Trade Fair.
- Won the Best Welding Machine Supplier Category in the Welding Worlds Awards.
- Fronius Symo Hybrid Inverter has received the plus X Award. It was honoured as the best product 2015/2016.
- Fronius USA has received the Open standards Champion award in the Supplier Category from SunSpec Alliance.
- Fronius won the Best Practises Award 2008 by the prestigious Frost and Sullivan for product quality.
Fronius inverters are efficient, reliable, easy to install and maintain. It has a compact dimension and gives high yields. Hence it form the indispensable heart of every PV system. Relentless inventive spirit of Fronius combined with an inherent sense of quality makes them shift the limits of what is possible and set trends to remain unrivalled in solar power business.