Sungrow is a global leading inverter solution supplier for renewables. It motivates people to adopt green and effective electricity. It aims at making the earth greener through its innovations in solar field. They have a market share of around 30% in China, 25% in Germany and over 15% globally. In 2016, it became the third largest PV inverter supplier in Australia, claiming 10% market share.
• Sungrow offer highly efficient and outstanding quality inverters at an affordable price. They have incorporated some features available only in expensive brands.
• Customers can choose from their wide range of solar solutions according to their individual needs.
• Manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years is given. Warranty extension can be purchased at standard rates.
Sungrow is a global leading inverter solution supplier for renewables. It is founded in 1997 by University professor Renxian Cao. Their global headquarters is at China. It motivates people to adopt green and effective electricity. They aim at making the earth greener through its innovations in solar field. Sungrow offers a wide range of products, services and solutions and operates in various energy related niches, including wind power conversion and inverters production for photovoltaic systems.
It is the leader in Chinese PV market with additional product deployments in the US, France, the Uk, Spain, Italy, Australia and the Asia-Pacific regions. Their products are available in over 50 countries. They have a market share of around 30% in China, 25% in Germany and over 15% globally. Sungrow gives utmost importance to Research. Their R & D team makes over 30% of their total workforce. They have their own testing centre approved by UL, CSA, TUV Rheinland and TUV SUD. Sungrow has an annual manufacturing capacity of 18 GW for PV inverters and 3GW for storage inverters.
The credit of unveiling the world’s highest output string inverter goes to Sungrow. They became the first PV inverter supplier to provide central and string inverter rated at 1500 v DC. In terms of global shipments Sungrow is the no.1 Chinese supplier of solar inverters. In 2016 it became the third largest PV inverter supplier in Australia, claiming 10% market share.
So far Sungrow has installed over 24 GW inverter around the world, thus generating 31 billion KWH green electricity and reducing more than 25 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emission yearly.
Around 1000 employees work in it’s plant warehouses and various offices across the globe. In Australia, Sungrow Power is based on Milsons Point, NSW. The office and warehouse ensure excellent after sales service and warranty support. With optimized components and a robust design Sungrow inverters best suits Australian conditions.
The company supplies transformerless and transformer equipped, central and string inverters suitable for different applications and uses. Depending on their needs, customers can choose from their wide range of solar solutions.
Utmost importance is given for innovation and research. Their R & D team makes over 30% of their total workforce. They have their own testing centre approved by UL, CSA, TUV Rheinland and TUV SUD. Sungrow co-operate with Hefei University of Technology, Zhejiang University, China, Electric Power Research Institute and a number of other research institutes.
Sungrow has always adhered to the values of being sincere and pragmatic, precise and open, customer oriented. They have a prompt reaction 24/7 to customer queries and deliver professional product services. Their extensive spare part warehouse and comprehensive IT services provide peace of mind to their customers.
Compared to other Chinese inverter brands, Sungrow stands head and shoulder in terms of quantity and quality. They offer highly efficient and outstanding quality inverters at an affordable price. The respected industry publication Photon International comments that sungrow inverters stand hand in hand with the best inverters they have ever tested.
With over 20 years in solar industry Sungrow has won the following accolades:
• First Prize of National Energy Technology Progress Award.
• National High tech Industrialization demonstration Project.
• Top 500 alternative energy companies.
• Postdoctoral Scientific Research Workstation.
• High tech Enterprise of National Torch Program
• National Enterprise Technology Centre.
• Well-known Trademark in China.
• Top 30 Alternative Energy Enterprises in China.
• First Prize of Scientific and Technological Progress Award.
• Prize for Excellent Project in Technology Progress presented by the National Development and Reform Commission National Key New Product.
• National Enterprise of Observing Contracts and Honouring Credit.
• National Demonstration Enterprise of Industrial Brand Cultivation.
Sungrow inverters have a warranty period of 5 years from the installation date, but not more than 6 years from the date of production. Warranty extension can be purchased at the standard price before the 5 years warranty expires. There are two types of warranty extension:
• Extra 5 years parts Warranty – This is applicable from the 6th to the 10thyear and will cover the cost of replacement parts. It doesn’t cover the cost of delivery or Labour.
• Extra 5 years Standard Warranty – This is applicable from the 6th year to the 10th year and it includes delivery and service rebate to cover the labour costs of replacement.
Warranty extension price varies according to the models. On an average, Extra 5 years Parts Warranty ranges from $100-$150 while Extra 5 years Standard Warranty ranges from $230 -$310. If a device becomes defective during warranty period, Sungrow will repair the device on site or at their office or provide an equivalent replacement or new device. All the system accessories have a warranty period of 2 years from the date of installation and not more than 3 years from the date of production.
Some of the inverter references by Sungrow are :
- 6.68 MW PV Generation Project in Transporatation Hub of Shanghai Hongqiao.
- 30 MW PV plant in Gonghe, Qinghai.
- 100 MW PV plant by CLP power in DaliWest Village, Hunan.
- 5 MW rooftop PV plant in Chicago.
- 75 MW PV plant in Thailand.
- 8.3 MW PV plant in Germany
Sungrow shoulders social responsibilities as well. It has passed SA8000 Social Responsibility Standard Certification. They have been awarded the Charitable Organisation of the Project Hope for years Youth Lab. They have extensively taken part in the “Township Electrification Program” on Western China Sungrow Cup, China Hegel Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition.
There is active participation in all the events of solar industry. Sungrow is Clean Energy Council Member, Energy Storage Council Member, Gold member of Smart Energy Council and corporate member of Australian Solar Energy Society.
Their inverters are value for money. Sungrow provide inverters for a competitive price. They have incorporated some features available only in expensive brands. Sungrow inverters are light weight, easy to install – plug and play and with low noise. It is 97.4% efficient with a Dual Maximum Power Point Tracking. It has IP 65 protection – it is protected from total dust, ingress and low pressure water jets. It is WiFi enabled and has a user friendly application for monitoring purpose. Sungrow inverters would definitely help to make the maximum out of your solar panel installation. It will complement your residential solar system in making the maximum out of solar energy.